3 Things Your Teen Should Know About Taking Care of Contacts
There’s a lot to know about taking care of contact lenses. Lenses need to be cleaned regularly and used correctly, or the wearer could get an eye infection. If your teen has just recently obtained contact lenses from the eye doctor in Champaign, IL, then these tips can help your teen take care of their lenses and avoid eye injury.
1. Clean carefully
Keeping contact lenses clean is the key to preventing infections and other problems. Some tips to give your teen include:
- Wash your hands and dry them before handling contacts.
- Rub your contacts with clean fingers and rinse them in cleaning solution.
- Do not use tap water, sterile water or saliva to clean your contacts.
- Use new solution every time you clean your contacts.
- Never use a homemade saline solution.
- Don’t allow the tip of the bottle of contact lens solution to touch anything. Keep the bottle closed.
2. Care for your contact case
Your teen’s contact lens case needs to be kept just as clean as the lenses themselves. Tell your teen that the case must be rinsed with a sterile solution and then left open for the case to dry. Replace the contact lens case every few months.
3. Follow instructions
When your teen first gets their contact lenses, they should be given instructions from the eye doctor. They need to follow these instructions carefully. Make a note of those instructions and make sure your child is following those instructions as they should.
Teach Your Teen About Wearing Contacts
Teach your teenager about wearing contact lenses in Champaign IL. Bring your teen in to discuss their new contacts if they have questions. Call Champaign Eye Professionals to learn more.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!